Wednesday, May 19, 2010

REMEMBER TO ASK GOD....

Many were wondering why I went on exile …. And haven’t written in a very long time. Well it just had been that the new way of life and standards take most of our time and i couldn’t find time to sit and write. But all this had been opening new avenues in our lives.
On my way to work and back I have the habit of listening to radio in my car and often it’s one Christian FM station and in those messages I usually find the message I needed for that day. The other day one of the speakers was talking about how no matter what we do we can ask God for help. She was talking about a salesperson that was on commission and had targets to meet. This lady was worried cos she couldn’t meet her targets for the month. She was asked if she prayed to God to send customers to her and the answer was no. Often things so simple yet could be profound, we tend to forget asking God for help and put in all our efforts and when it doesn’t result well, we complain and blame it on God. Can we ask God to help us do better in our job? Ask God to help us make more money? So that we can meet our needs? Well I think it’s a big YES.
That made me think of my own experience, as I am involved in sales too and how God has been faithful in honouring me in my workplace. I write this not to boast myself but for Gods glory. Even I have targets to meet. Caroline and I we remember to specifically pray in our prayer times that I should meet my targets for the month and that he should send me customers. Same with her, to do well in her school with her kids. By Gods grace I have been doing extremely well much above my colleagues who had been working with the company for years. I remember the day when I realised through my colleague who had looked at my sales revenue and telling me no one usually hits this during this month, but I was able to do it. I also remember coming home telling Caroline, I can’t believe how I did this, it’s happening and It is definitely God who is doing this, cos I don’t see a single reason on how Augustine (me) as a person could do this.
Friends let us not forget to ask God for help even with the smallest thing in life, to the biggest things he has entrusted to us. More than that We shouldn’t forget to thank God for all that he has done and is doing in our lives. cos he who has called us is faithful and will lead us till the end..Amen
Stay Blessed
Augustine

No comments:

Post a Comment