Sunday, June 15, 2014

MY DAD


I don’t think I have never ever done this in my life, not in person or in any kind, but he absolutely deserves this and this time around I had to do this, even though I am almost 7000 miles away. However this doesn’t mean that both of us did not know about this till today. It was unspoken but understood, unexpected but expressed, never wanted but followed and the list goes on…
 Yes it is me and my Dad. I can say a list of things like most of you would say or read in a father’s day article and also I am sure I can add a lot more to the list, but in a nutshell…  

A Man of God: Born catholic, came to know the lord through my mom but still one of the few people I have known with the deeper understanding of the scripture. He said he wanted to make up for the decades he had wasted before knowing the lord. So he asked the lord to teach him and gently reminded us kids (and all my cousins) in one of their landmark anniversary celebration speeches that don’t ever take for granted that you are born in a Christian home, it’s a privilege.  

A Man who loves his family: He was always there for me, my sister and my mom now extended to his son in law, daughter in law and my wonderful niece and nephew. We couldn’t ask for more. He was tough master for sure but did all that because of the love he had for us. To explain this better I need to share this, he loves moms cooking so much, that no matter where he goes he tries his best not to eat outside (unless we are all together), he always will come home for a fresh home meal cooked by mom, even if he buys something from outside would do a take-out and bring it home to share with all of us.  

A life dedicated to learn: He dedicated his whole life for learning, started with a diploma, then even with a family and kids went to evening college to finish his (B.E) Engineering, then finished his MBA didn’t stop there wanted to study theology so he also went on to graduate with his Divinity degree and if I add all the certifications and honorary titles the list would go on. 

All this doesn’t make him a saint of man/father/son/husband. He has his own weaknesses like we all do but the quality of his strengths precedes everything else 

Today when I look back, I am what I am because of him. I reflect a lot of his qualities. Caroline would ask me how did you start doing this or where do you get this from and to answer that I would think and we both would agree its from my Dad As I would quote “you always end up with things you never wanted to do in life or achieve but always by choice” looking back my teen years now, I made the right choice.  

My faith: He taught me to trust in God. When we were small every time I would ask for a thing he will never get me immediately but would say just one word PRAY and we would get what we want in the right time or from God in a wonderful way. Today my personal life, my involvement in various ministries, boards, organisations etc is a result of the way he influenced my life along with my praying mom.  

My Dressing sense: For those who know me well, you know that I like to dress up well, its from my Dad. You can never see him not tuck his shirt in, or wear an un ironed shirt, we might disagree on how much to spend on clothes but the concept of dressing well and presenting yourself is from him 


My Analytical nature: My last promotion my V.P told me that I am getting promoted because of my analytical nature, for someone who hated maths in school, to become good at the same in life can only be related to the circumstances I grew in and the practical lessons I have learnt and that comes from my Dad. Back then it looked like he wasn’t fair but he was wise and it all makes sense today. 

We follow the same dream now - to be the child of our heavenly father and follow His ways, we share the same passion now. Thinking about These things, cannot forget to remember our father in heaven, how much more he cares for his children who he created, we are so blessed by His love 

Dad on this father’s day this message deserves to be broad casted to the whole wide world. I am proud to be your son and now I hope that the things I do make you proud. May God Bless you, be gracious to you, keep you, make his face shine upon you and give you peace. May he continue to use you for his glory. You are indeed a Blessing to all of us and love you lots  
Augus

No comments:

Post a Comment